1. Name The organization will be called ‘The 142055 Group [formerly The Pacer Rail Group]’ (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Group’)
2. Aims and objectives 1.Preservation, restoration and operation of former mainline Pacer diesel railcars. 2.Development and maintenance of historical records and educational facilities, including the demonstration of form and function of Pacer railcars at various events and locations. 3.Promotion of operational and engineering aspects of Pacer diesel railcars and their place in UK railway history to the public.
3. Membership Membership of the Group open to any person who wishes to support, promote and help the Group to fulfill its aims and objectives.
Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories:
4. Membership fees Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Management Committee.
Fees will be paid: annually by subscription.
5. Officers of the Group The officers of the Society will be:
The Management Committee may appoint additional officers as it sees fit, either from within its own number or externally.
6. Management Committee All members of the management committee will retire each year but will be eligible for - re-election.
The Group will be managed by the Management Committee which shall consist of the officers plus up to eight ordinary members.
Decisions taken at Management Committee meetings will be by way of simple majority in a vote.
The Committee meetings will be convened by the Secretary of the Group and held no less than four times per year.
The quorum required for business to be transacted at Committee meetings will be five members.
The Management Committee shall have power to appoint subcommittees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Committee in order to further the aims and objectives of the Group.
The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the Group rules/regulations/constitution. The Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following any hearing. Such hearings will be heard by a panel consisting of four members of the Management Committee with right of appeal. Any appeal will be heard by an appeal panel consisting of four members none of whom shall have been members of the original panel that gave consideration to the allegations. Any appeal hearing shall take place no later than 14 days after the request for an appeal.
Amendment 18/04/2020 - unanimous agreed decision held at the committee meeting referencing Committee Members must be a fully paid up member of The 142055 Group. ALL committee members shall be fully paid members of The 142055 Group, none members cannot be elected to the committee of The 142055 Group
7. Finance All monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the Group.
The Group account shall be held at a bank or building society located in the United Kingdom.
The Treasurer will be responsible for the writing up of the accounts of the Group and the presentation of regular financial statements to the Management Committee and the annual accounts to the AGM. Ultimate financial control rests with the Management Committee.
The financial year of the Group will end on (31 March).
An independently examined statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
Any cheque drawn against Group funds should hold the signatures of the Treasurer plus one other officer.
8. Annual General Meetings Notice of Annual General Meetings (AGM) will be given by the Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days’ notice of the date of the AGM to be given to all members by post to their last known address.
The business of the AGM will be as follows; 1. To receive and adopt an annual report on the years activities. 2. To receive and adopt the annual accounts for the year. 3. To elect members to the Management Committee 4. To appoint an independent examiner for the forthcoming year and permit the Management Committee to set the level of any remuneration paid to the independent examiner.
Resolutions at an AGM or EGM shall be way of simple majority in a vote.
Nominations for officers and members of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary no later than seven days prior to the date of the AGM.
All members have the right to vote at the AGM. Voting will be by way of personal attendance at the AGM. The quorum for AGMs will be ten members present.
The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM’s) An EGM may also be called upon a dated requisition signed by no less than twenty members of the Group. Such requisition to be delivered to the Secretary and must specify the purpose of the EGM. No business shall be transacted at the EGM other than that specified in requisition. Upon receipt of a competent requisition to hold an EGM the Secretary shall make the arrangements for the meeting to be held at a suitable venue and the meeting shall take place no later than twenty-eight days after the receipt of the requisition.
9. Discipline and appeals All complaints regarding the behavior of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary and will be dealt with in accordance with paragraph 6 of the constitution.
The panel will meet to hear complaints within 14 days of a complaint being lodged. The panel has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within14 days of the hearing.
10. Dissolution A resolution to dissolve the Group can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the Group that remain will become the property of [name of recipient of assets]
11. Amendments to the constitution The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.